Catering & Uniform Grant Forms
Free School Meals
The Social Security Act 1986, means that the Council can provide Free School Meals (FSM) to children whose parents or who themselves are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income less than £16,190 (you are not entitled if you also receive Working Tax Credit)
- Income-related Employment Support allowance
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (where the monthly net earned income is not more than £616.
Please follow this link for the Application Form.
The funding is available to pupils who attend maintained schools and are eligible for free school meals (not transitionally protected – please see the Free School Meals section of our website for further information) or are looked after, entering:
- Reception in September 2019
- Year 3 in September 2019
- Year 7 in September 2019
- Year 10 in September 2019
- Pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units in the above age groups
Funding of up to £125 is available for each eligible learner with the exception of those in Year 7. Eligible learners in Year 7 will be entitled to a maximum of £200.
Payments will be issued based on automated eligibility checks and these checks will be carried out on a regular basis. The payment will normally be made in to your bank account, we may need to contact you to obtain this information.
If you become eligible during the financial year or have any further queries, please contact the Benefits Team on 01495 742291 or 742377.
Need to Contact Us
If you need to contact us regarding an emergency or simply a general enquiry click the button to view the ways you can contact us.