Croeso i Ysgol Gynradd Crownbridge
Pontio i Lwyddiant
Bridging to Success
Crownbridge School caters for a wide age-range—(2-19years). It is located within two education sites in Torfaen.
Crownbridge Main Provision
The main school at Crownbridge, accommodates:
Key Stage 3 Department 11-13 years;
14-19 years Tertiary Department;
Penygarn Community Primary School
The Primary Department at Penygarn, provides specialised teaching approaches for pupils, whilst offering opportunities for inclusion and working alongside mainstream children.
At Crownbridge our main aims are;
- To provide a rich leaning environment with a variety of learning experiences which are geared towards enabling each pupil to experience success in a happy, caring and secure environment.
- To provide access for every pupil to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which includes the prescribed National Curriculum which is suitably adapted and modified as appropriate to age and ability.
- To plan and shape the teaching of the curriculum to be responsive to individuals needs and to minimise the effects of any disability.
- To give specific, specialised support to all aspects of development, in order to help each individual pupil progress towards as great degree as possible. Such support will include a multi-disciplinary approach where appropriate.
- To provide each pupils awareness and understanding of the world in which they live, which will include the fostering of links between the school and the wider community.
- To prepare young people for the transition to adulthood by providing the opportunity to practice independence skills in real life situations including, where appropriate, vocational training and supported placement in work experience.
Need to Contact Us
If you need to contact us regarding an emergency or simply a general enquiry click the button to view the ways you can contact us.